Thursday, January 5, 2012

Neifi Perez, 2007 Topps Turkey Red Relics #NP Bat G

Hey, now! I hope y'all enjoyed your holidays and are as thrilled as I, as we embark on a new year... and inch our way to Opening Day 2012.


I'm sure this goes for everyone, but as the years go by, Christmas presents have gotten less and less exciting. Now, I appreciate every single gift I tear into, but there's only so much emotion that can be displayed over new boxer shorts and fresh packs of wife-beaters. For the past few years, the wife spiced things up, by gifting me some "designer" socks - Nike Jumpman... thanks, babe. But this December, some folks really figured it out... multiple gift cards for eBay, a retail box of 2011 Allen & Ginter, a Lids gift card, and some Forever Stamps, (feeding my TTM obsession). Thanks folks.... these are the things that scratch me right where I itch.

I busted all the A&G packs immediately... divulging a base-set V-Mart and Porcello as the only Detroiters in the box. A Xavier Nady Relics (swatch) was the "big hit" of  the break - Good Times.


I sat on the Lids gift card for a minute... hitting three different locations, before finding a Tiger (home) cap, that fit and looked just right.


As a kind of new year's resolution, I had planned on shaving down the majority of (frivolous) items on my eBay "Watch List". I'm now happy to say, that I am no longer watching many of these items... thanks to thoughtful family members, a grip of guilt-free cardboard is currently in transit to my residence.

During his time with the Tigers, Neifi hit a disappointing .186 in 54 games ('06-'07).

I love adding unnecessary cards (with exceptional attributes), showcasing insignificant players to my collection. There's always an exaggerated buzz surrounding mid-season acquisitions. So while his performance as a Tiger was forgettable, his time there wasn't. Unfortunately, manufacturers weren't so wanton regarding other Tigers who made trade deadline cameos. What I would give for a Jarrod Washburn certified auto, or a Matt Stairs jumbo patch featuring the "D"... it's fun to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment