Thursday, October 13, 2011

Justin Verlander, 2005 Topps Gold FY #677 1785/2500

Prior to last night, I was positive that the thing I feared most about Nelson Cruz, was his three inch thick, perfectly tweezed eyebrows… WOW, was I WAY off?! I mean, I appreciate his bat and knack for knocking in runs, but this is getting a little re-goddam-diculous. Game four dagger – Cruz’s 11th inning, three-run jack, was his eighteenth career (postseason) extra-base hit… tying him with Lou Gehrig. I don’t like it, but I’ve found new respect for the dude… ‘Nuff said.

Verlander is the quickest Tiger to notch 100 victories, since McLain in '69.

Even though things haven’t played out in the Tigers’ favor, it’s been a great series so far. And with JV on the mound for what is an elimination game, I don’t feel (as a fan) that our backs are against the wall. The tightness in my chest has subsided and all anxiety has left my body... remember, “yantra plus mantra equals tantra”, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment